|What are the compression options in Clonezilla? What are the differences?|
|In the Clonezilla, the compression opitons are:
In the above optioins, "-z0" is the same with "--no-compress", and so on...
- -z0, --no-compress Don't compress when saving: very fast but very big image file (NOT compatible with multicast restoring!!!)
- -z1, --gzip-compress Compress using gzip when saving: fast and small image file (default)
- -z1p, --smp-gzip-compress Compress using parallel gzip program (pigz) when saving: fast and small image file, good for multi-core or multi-CPU machine
- -z2, --bz2-compress Compress using bzip2 when saving: slow but smallest image file
- -z2p, --smp-bzip2-compress Compress using parallel bzip2 program (pbzip2) when saving: faster and smallest image file, good for multi-core or multi-CPU machine
- -z3, --lzo-compress Compress using lzop when saving: similar to the size by gzip, but faster than gzip.
- -z4, --lzma-compress Compress using lzma when saving: slow but smallest image file, faster decompression than bzip2.
You can refer to some benchmark report about the speed and time for gzip, bzip2, lzo, and lzma... e.g.