|I got a "tftp timeout" error on my DRBL client...|
|To fix this, first you have to check the log files (/var/log/messages, /var/log/daemon.log, /var/log/syslog) on DRBL server to see if any related message about tftp. Some hints to fix it:
- There are two or more DHCP services on the same network subnet which your DRBL clients connect. Make sure there is only one, either to isolate them or disable them, only keep the DHCP service on DRBL server.
- The TCP wrapper settings (/etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow) have blocked the connection, so you have to modify /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny to allow your clients to access DRBL server.
- The SELinux on DRBL server has blocked tftp service, so the tftp service was not started successfully. Either to enable tftp in SELinux, or you can just disable SELinux completely.
- The network switch has blocked tftp UDP packets... You have to tune the configuration of network switch.
- Stale ARP table cache problem on your network switch or DRBL server. Shutdown them, unplug the power cable. Wait for a few minutes, then boot them.
- Try to run "drbl-all-service restart" to restart all the DRBL-related services.