|How can I compile a kernel module on DRBL server so that it can be used for DRBL clients ?|
|In this example, we assume that the server is running kernel 2.6.30-bpo.1-686-bigmem, and client is running kernel 2.6.32-bpo.2-686 (You can get the client's kernel version number by running: "cat /tftpboot/nbi_img/kernel_version_in_initrd.txt" on the server). We want to compile a kernel module for a network card which can be used on the client.
You should be able to boot your DRBL client via PXE.
- Install the kernel 2.6.32-bpo.2-686 on the drbl server if it's not installed. Normally you need to install kernel headers, too
- Get the driver source code for the network card
- Boot the server so it runs the kernel 2.6.32-bpo.2-686
- Compile the driver of the network card, and make install to the system (/lib/modules/2.6.32-bpo.2-686/) (You might need to read the doc from your network vendor about how to compile and install it on the system.)
- Run "mknic-nbi -k 2.6.32-bpo.2-686". This command will update the network boot initrd for the clients.